Sunday, January 24, 2010

Art is love, and art heals the SOUL!


I have a dear friend who is going through a major life battle. With out having to say too much, the moral of this blog is about how ART HEALS....
My friend would watch me paint...watch and admire....finally I handed him a piece of canvas and said.."HEY here is a blank piece..here are the colors..here are the brushes...come on have FUN"
Low and behold...he starts painting...grooving, splatin....sketching...and most of all LOVING his new expression.
He painted that night....ALL night....


He painted Max's Kansas City which was a NYC Prime Location that featured Andy Warhol, The New York Dolls and list goes on...he now feels like painting about his best memories of NYC, his home town. And hes loving every minute doing it. I cant wait to see his NYC collection...but the beauty of it is....he can express his inner feelings through color.
The next day, he awoke with out a worry of his illness and his life's concerns he awoke with the excitement of finishing his first painted piece.
He looked at me and huged me and said THANK YOU, for giving me something to look forward to, thank you for giving me this gift.

Art to me is about expressing yourself, when I'm sad I paint, when I'm happy I paint, when I'm excited I paint, when I'm NUMB....ohh that's the best time to paint!
Regardless of your mood, and I'm a crab..I'm VERY moody....SO yes once again a PROVEN fact!
ART HEALS THE BODY. MIND. & SOUL!

I will continue to paint every day and if I can share that one person and one day at a time..I know I'm doing what I was meant to!
Make art not war!
T

1 comment: